Monday, December 15, 2008

Season so far


 

This season has been wonderful till now. Wonderful for many reasons, the rise of hull in the top notch with some outstanding performances, the frustrations suffered by big four in some matches. The comebacks(which obviously frustrated me) by scousers and sudden rise of spirit in Tottenham due to harry redknapp. But the events in past few weeks have made me to write this blog and do some analysis.

 

I was just going through some blogs and found out that in that great treble winning season united dropped off some 11 points in December. This means that till now we have fared better. We have played 2 matches till now and two more are remaining in this month. One is away against stoke and next is home against boro. Also the strain is now showing off on title contenders.

 

I think that gunners are out of this season and now should look to save there champ league spot. With a dreaded inconsistency they are moving ahead. This weekend they are hosting Liverpool. It has been a delightful inconsistency though. Beating Chelsea at Stamford bridge, then giving away the advantage with a loss to villa. They drew against boro this weekend. So with a bright hope in my heart I think there is an upset coming up for scousers.

 

Blues must be feeling blue. After recovering from loss to arse they came back against Bolton. Then were held to a draw, I would rather say they held West Ham to a draw. It was a really nice result for united. Chelsea is perfect example of the fact that “character” of the team is never defined by its star studded line-up, unlike Hull who has shown a brilliant character this season. They have exhibited some classic team-play this season.

 

Liverpool, I thought was showing great signs in the beginning of the season with that good comeback win against boro. But again I must say that it was too early to say something.

 

All in all I am emphasizing on one basic point. Lack of consistency in big four this season. Last year while talking to a friend I was discussing that the number of points dropped in Spanish league are more but this season I am witnessing the same in EPL. Though it hasn’t hurt united anyway, in fact we are at advantage with a week  in which we won manchester derby and closed on the gap. I will say that heat will start showing up after Christmas when injuries and fatigue will hit. Hope that at that time we are at our best. I think the championship is wide open and your guess may be as good as mine. Lets see.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice analysis...but as they say...whats in blue and black is seldom correct...lets hope that man utd's consistency ends here and we surge ahead like always to glory !!