Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Take it to the next level"

Inspired by a forwarded mail, but the thought has been coming to me since I watched that nike ad with the same motto. It is evident that quite a moving ad it was.

 

 In second semester, I went for cricket trials. I had never played with leather ball before, but somehow the trials went good and I was called up for nets. Well that is a different matter that I never made it up to first team. Then I tried again in third year and this time again I failed to make it, in fact I got so pissed off with cricket that I erased any form of cricket from my life for coming year.

 

So as soon as fourth year started I was on football field. Well this is the time when all sane minded people leave playing and extra-currics and start focussing on future prospect which their accumulated CG’s  open for them. Well I didn’t have good cg to ponder about and was more interested in football rather than cat. Obviously I was out of my mind. But in my friend circle I think everyone was like that only so I didn’t feel anything different.

 

Also in football too I didn’t made it to first team. Well I may be seen as a failure by some and I say it is justified too. But I am not writing this to justify myself in anyway so I wont dwell on this subject. What I want to emphasize is the topic. During my first year in cricket with leather ball I took my game to next level. I used to get a good amount of swing and I had pace. Same thing didn’t follow next year. I was stagnant. I was not able to move ahead. One reason for this was that instead of focussing on improving I was rather focussing on getting into team. I could never think that if I kept on improving eventually I would get a chance. Also in the process I would continue to enjoy the game.

 

When I started playing football, I made a point to enjoy the game, learn skills and understand the game or rather taking it to next level. And the results were very good. I improved my game. I remember that coach’s opinion changed from “you only know how to run fast” to “your football has improved”. Still even when I am in job I take time out to play football.

 

By and large many of us fail to understand this basic thing. Not every one of us can become a ruler in every field. But every one of us can take a skill to a next level. If we work with this motive the results are palpable. Also the frustration part is taken care of because there are visible improvements in front of you. Till date I have applied this principle to many things and I have got very good outcomes.

 

Next time you start doing something; just “Take it to the next level”. And keep on doing this. 

9 comments:

RISHI said...

ur blog made me remember two things..
1.)our school days.. where football was our passion .. and

2.) Ur talent and passion in every field to take it to next level...

hats off.. grt post

The Alchemist said...

Good one bro. Such a good post is always expected from you which contains some lesson in it. And u know what, by blogging you are taking your writting skills to the next level. Carry on your good work dude.

enchantinganki said...

U did not teach me this!!
nice post...

Unknown said...

nice one sachin,though i have heard this story 3-4 times ..from you,inder,sumit etc.but way you describes situation which otherwise feels not so outlined,is nice to read.
keep blogging.
:)

The Barnacle said...

Sir,

I still remember the day you told me this. It was the 3rd of november in 2007. Perhaps i would have taken you more seriously.

Sanjeev said...

abe yaar yeh kaku to senti ho raha hai ..

DukeOfMayhem said...

I agree man! The next level is the only thing worth fighting for!

The Decayed Canine said...

Six words: For The Love Of The Game.
That's football for you. :D
Your next level theory is foolproof as far as competition-related psyche-outs are concerned, I'll give you that...

Anonymous said...

pet insurance
For dogs to qualify for this kind of work they must have very stable temperaments. Rodents, on the other hand, have little bladder control and are constantly relieving themselves wherever they are. Owning a dog is an excellent way to improve your health and wellbeing.