Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Before Semi-Finals

I have been supporting Mumbai Indians for 2.25 seasons now. My wait has paid some rich dividends in the form of an exclusive display by my team. And so I take this opportunity to vindicate my team of the semi-final loss, if they suffer one. Personally I have full sympathy with all the DD fans because DD, which was the best team last year, didn’t win the IPL. In fact the one which struggled to get into top 4 did it ultimately. My criterion of best is based, not on the basis of semi-final and final but on the basis of consistency. With 18 points already and 2 matches to play, there is no doubt that MI has been the most consistent team this year. So I say that I have serious objection with the present format of the IPL, in which consistency has been sidelined to make place for a single match heroics. You got to reward consistency and that reward should be nothing less than a winner’s cup. I know this is opportunistic but then it simply proves that I am a FAN.

7 comments:

vijay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vijay said...

hahahahahahaha, sachin my frnd u jus let down ur own statement, rem wen i said, "chennai has been consistent in both the IPLs by reaching semis", ur reply was, "Winning the trophy is all that counts". so if MI cant win when it matters the most then just accept the fact tat their performace just wasnt gud enough...

P.S: don worry, i think u hav a vry vry strong team and u have a vry likely chance of winning it

Piyush Behre said...

I like the fact that you have put forth your fear of MI losing in semis so bravely and yet in a subtle way ;)

One thing I must say is .. if you are talking about consistency wont you want that consistency to be there in semis and finals as well .. or is it that the pressure would be too much to maintain consistency .. just give it a thought

I myself am enjoying MI performance and am amused when one day it's Sachin and the next it's Kallis under that orange cap :D

Utkarsh said...

there is too much of M and I in your post

Manish said...

Why have Semi Finals?

Take top two teams of the league, have them play best of three final. What Say?

Piyush Behre said...

MI too much?

Unknown said...

@matt
Consistency is not about winning all the matches.. Is it?
@Dude
Thanx for the comment... :)

@manish
Yeah that may be a good idea..