Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spirit

While coming back to home, before I noticed that I was shivering in the chilly winter winds, which gushed inside from all the sides nullifying all my efforts to stay warm, I was thinking of the things that were unchanged still. I was also thinking the last time I was involved in a night out. I could not remember one. Like this one night outs can never be planned, as they are the most impromptu and so most memorable.

 But what bemused me was the feeling as if only time had moved and rest everything was same. Corporate, IIMs and time had not made much of the difference. Tauseef is still the one who would go on to discuss the intricacies of all that has happened. Be it an AOE game or a test series or a quickly concluded poker hand. Sudhanshu would still set things up, be it distributing the poker chips, setting up the LAN or calculating the bail outs. Singhvi is still bold in his approach, be it bullying at poker table or standing up on the table in Maths tutorial. Khare is still the one who will play safe everytime. I tried to think about myself too but didn’t reach any conclusion. It is humorous that we are least observant about ourselves. I missed Pandey and all the other Cautley inmates. None the less it is off course a beautiful addition to the list of all those night outs.

 One thing which never changes is the spirit. It is timeless. I guess that’s what makes that night out wonderful. The assurance that any amount of water may flow through the Ganga Canal in Roorkee, the common spirit of your batch would still remain the same.

 I was thoroughly refreshed for a long day at conference, justifiably so. I had lived the spirit of the most beautiful 4 years of my life, in that one night out.

No comments: