Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stimulant


Jamshedpur always evokes such fond memories. The place, the people, the food and all the love and care I have received from this place. I was there once again for a short period of time. I talked about confusion at the beginning of annealing. The tangled knots were untangled, I guess during my stay at Jamshedpur.

The effect was clear to me and for the first time in my life I felt the importance of the most talked about emotion in the world. For the first time, I felt, I understood the most basic interpretation of greatest of emotion in the world. And for the first time I understood what Chandra told me, as told to him, about a year ago, during our endless discussion. Not verbatim, but it meant, go, now work for love.  

Love. I have tried and failed time and again, during my thoughtless wanderings, to define it. Leave definition, I never even got close to understand it. But suddenly I felt it in a blink. And then so many thoughts, beautiful and ones those mystified me once came rushing. From Sam Gamgee and Frodo Baggins to Jenny and Forrest Gump. From Andy Dufrene and Red to Arnold saying Hasta Lavista baby. From Neo and Trinity to Howard Roark and Dominique. The twinkle a child seeks in mother’s eye, the admiration a worthy players seeks in his coach’s eye, the praise a student seeks in teacher’s eye, the joy a giver seeks in receivers eye. They all looked bound by a single expression of love.

I felt like crying. All those pent up emotions evaporate by the amount of heat love generates. They evaporate to condense in our eyes in the form of tears and I guess therefore we well-up when in our misery and defeat, someone loves us.

I felt that all the trouble and pain of last one year was worth it. I was working for this love and I wanted to absorb it as much as I could. Love is great leveler and it humbles you. I could feel it then and I can feel it now. At that moment I felt that I am the luckiest and most loved. For a very ephemeral moment, I was fearless. Completely fearless!

Work for Love.

No comments: