Monday, January 2, 2012

Act


Let me try to dispel a notion, a notion that a certain job is nobler than certain other.  Pardon me when I say that some months back I held this notion too.  The reason behind it was partly the fact that I felt proud about giving up my well paid job and committing myself to something which seemed nobler. The work is still noble; and I still feel proud. But now the pride is about doing. It is important to do, it’s important to act. The fact that only action is important immediately dispels the notion that I am doing a nobler thing. Now the thing is not important but doing is important.  At this point it becomes imperative to read this beautiful poem by Billy Collins.  


Again, actions matter.

This article is the result of all the talks I have had with Chandra, Tejo, Arhan and Sarangi.

No comments: